It is necessary that we take important steps in making our operation as productive as we can. To that end, we have created a list of tractor standards to be applied to all additions to our existing tractor fleet. Each new tractor to be added (whether a new independent contractor, a replacement tractor for an existing independent contractor, a replacement/additional tractor for an existing fleet operator, or a new company tractor) must meet these standards. (We'll address tractor painting within the independent contractor lease).
- Electronically Controlled Engine
- Air ride suspension
- Power steering
- Pass all Federal, State, Local, and Company safety requirements
- No frame stretches or alterations
- Exhaust system must have mufflers and heat shields
- No accessories which would block the driver's vision in any direction or which would take away from a professional fleet appearance
- Local daycab tractor (for gasoline, diesel, kerosene, & jet) weight of 16,000 lbs. with driver and fuel, & within wheelbase range of 185" - 220"
- Road/sleeper tractor (for multiple day dispatch) weight of 19,500 lbs. with driver and fuel, and within wheelbase range of 185 to 260 inches